The Queen's Own Buffs Message Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

The Queen's Own Buffs Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Welcome
Dear All, Welcome to the new website of the Queen's Own Buffs, The Royal Kent Regiment Regimental Association. There is still a lot of work to do in particular on this message board to ensure the future security of your email addresses. So please be patient....
Views: 653   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2015 2:44am
by Peter White
Foundations
A foundation is a non-profit organisation whose main aims are charitable and/or research-related. The actual scope of permitted activities for foundations varies significantly between jurisdictions, but the general aim of any foundation is to serve the public benefit...
Views: 10   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2024 11:28am
by Wanessa Green
Canadian limited partnerships as a trading solution
A Canadian Limited Partnership is one of the individualised corporate solutions offered by Confidus Solutions. Canadian LP company is a flexible legal vehicle, used in number of classical corporate structures. One of the most efficient ways to utilize Canadian LP - i...
Views: 17   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 25, 2023 8:17am
by Alexander Turner
Finance of New Zealand
The monthly minimum wage in New Zealand is USD 1463. New Zealand has a public debt equivalent to 36% of the country's gross domestic product (GDP) as measured in 2012. In relation to consumer prices, the inflation rate in New Zealand is 1.3%. The currency of New Zeal...
Views: 19   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2023 6:33am
by Kevin Green
New challenges for the higher education area
Technical issues: Technical issues such as poor internet connectivity, computer malfunctions, and software glitches can disrupt online classes and hinder learning. Limited access to resources: Online students may not have access to the same resources as traditional...
Views: 26   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 3, 2023 4:40am
by Lena Sarah
New Forum for Friends of the Buffs & Royal East Kent Regiment
Dear Users, Please be aware that the website for the Queen's Own Buffs will soon be shutting down. Due to the limitations of Bravenet's forums, we are unable to migrate any of the information posted here to our new website & forum, which can be found at: http:/...
Views: 29   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 2, 2023 4:55am
by George Denton
Trading account
Trading accounts are opened with a bank or other financial institution and are usually managed by an investment dealer. While stocks are traditionally the most common financial instrument held in a trading account, it can also hold cash, including foreign face values...
Views: 21   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2023 9:35am
by Peters Grant
BitCoin and cryptocurrency licensing solution
A cryptocurrency is a digital asset designed as a medium of exchange. It uses cryptography to secure transactions and control the creation of additional currency units. Cryptocurrencies are digital currencies, a subset of alternative currencies. The most popular cryp...
Views: 39   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 18, 2023 9:06am
by MarkBennett
James Bailey - Wounded / captured May 1940
Hi all, seeking any information on my relative James Bailey. He was a regular, enlisted in the mid 1930s and served in India. He was wounded in the arm and captured in France in 1940. Believe he was a Bren gunner. Any info much appreciated.
Views: 39   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2022 4:30am
by Richard
c
Claire
Queen's Own Royal West Kent - Private Stan Hill 6345430
Hi, I am looking for any available information regarding Stanley Richard Gordon Johnson who joined Queen's Own Royal West Kent. His service number was 6345430 so he joined after 18 Apr 1940 (6348678 was issued on this date). Stan married in Mar 1944 and listed...
Views: 53   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2022 6:26am
by Claire
Information about WW1 soldier Arthur Leslie Maynard
Hi, I am trying to trace as much info as I can about My Father-In-Law's late father on my F-I-L's behalf. AT 96 he isn't tech savvy. We are trying to trace what info we can about Arthur and his WW1 service. We have sketchy info as the records are virtually non-ex...
Views: 78   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 3, 2022 5:34am
by Mick Mills
Buffs 1924 gibraltar
Hi I've a picture I found in my late grandparents house. It shows the buffs(so I'm told) in Gibraltar july 28th 1924 is written on the back and they have a trophy with them. Do you know or have any idea about this?
Views: 48   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2022 8:31am
by Carrie jaguar
Richard Frederick Whithouse
I am trying to find out some news on Lt Col Richard Frederick Whithouse. He was related to the founder of our mission Zambesi Mission. He supported our education work in Malawi, but we think he may have passed away last year. I have seen some news about him in one of...
Views: 41   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 25, 2022 2:58am
by Michael Beresfor...
Queen's Own Buffs Cap Badge
Can anybody please tell me if the Queen's Own Buffs wore their own regimental cap badge during their 5 year existence, or if they wore that of the Home Counties Brigade for the duration up to the formation of the Queen's Regiment? I've had conflicting replies previo...
Views: 318   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 19, 2022 8:00am
by Alan Owen
James Arthur Norden 6294703
I'd like to find out more about my Grandfather's time in the Buffs. He joined 24/7/1940 (the 9th Battalion I believe) and left on 20/12/1943, when he transferred to the DLI. He was rightly proud to have served in both the Buffs and the DLI. I've been very fortunate t...
Views: 68   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 14, 2021 6:07am
by Peter Bradbury
Charles Sidney Lee WW1
Hi there, Wondering if anyone might be able to help. My Great Grand-Uncle served in the The Buffs East Kent Regiment. I would love to learn more about where he served and if there's anymore information about him. Does anyone know where would be a good place to loo...
Views: 99   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 18, 2021 3:03pm
by Mick Mills
Jack Priest - The Buffs (WWI) - Palestine possibly 2nd Lieut. or Sgt (or both along the way)
Hello All, I've spent a few years tracing my direct descendants and have gathered, from what I believe, all I can in regards to their service, but my 2x Great Grandfather's brother, Jack Priest, is said to have been either in the Royal West - Queen's Own - or Roya...
Views: 92   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 18, 2021 2:38pm
by Mick Mills
j
Julia
4th Battalion QORWK Dunkirk
Hi, I have my grandads partial service record and he was with the 4th battalion at Dunkirk and was hoping for anyone with stories, photos or information of that time. My grandad was called Timothy Dwyer. Thank you in advance. Julia
Views: 106   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2021 7:59am
by Julia
New here
Hello everyone,i am new year,my name is Jan M. de Wilde,living in the USA,and an an life memberof the Welsh Guards Association (Swansea Branch) and Honourable member of 1st Royal tank regiment" (sefton Branch). We are planning to write and publish a book ,about th...
Views: 114   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2021 5:33pm
by Jan De Wilde
Tracing information on Walter Bujakowski
Hi There, Really appreciate with my request, I'm the grandniece of Walter (Wally) wife Kathleen. Walter passed away in October 2020. Walter was a member of The Royal Kent Regiment. The information I have is his full name was Walter Andrew Stanley Bujakowski...
Views: 111   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 9, 2021 1:03pm
by Trish McCarthy
b
Brian
Dragon No 475 1939 June
I just wondered if there are any plans to view this edition (Dragon No 475 1939 June) only in the near future. If not, is there any chance someone could do a 'look up' for me if they have a copy. I feel this edition holds the answers for my research. I sincerely h...
Views: 245   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 3, 2021 6:15am
by Brian
Father's War Records
I'm writing a story about my late father Walter Ernest Spicer who served with The Buffs Regiment, I imagine it was the Royal East Kent Regiment but unsure. I have several items like medals, service and pay book,letters when he was injured. The dog tag he wore has a d...
Views: 111   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 27, 2021 11:54pm
by Marion Llufrio
Aden
I served with Buffs 1955 to 1958 Iam trying to get pictures or plans of Singapore Lines barracks in Aden. Can any one help Peter Mills RAPC
Views: 126   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2021 5:14am
by Anthony Mills
1st Battalion Buffs - Corinth,Greece 1941
My Grandfather, Charles A.R. Tucker, served with the Buffs (East Surrey Regiment in 1950,Queens Royal Regiment 1951-52) from 1929 - 1952, serving in Burma, India, Palestine, Egypt, and after the war in Germany (B.A.o.R). In January 1941 he was in Egypt, managing t...
Views: 108   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 29, 2020 8:01am
by Mark Nelson
RegimentalResearch
Good Morning A member of our regimental family is researching a relative and I wonder if you can direct me. I have tried contacting the PWRR Museum at Dover direct but the email I have is being bounced. The subject is John Hogg who was born on the 5th November 19...
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 24, 2020 1:40am
by Dan Taylor
Trying to research father's military history
Hello, my father served in The Buffs during WW2 and went on to remain in the services after the war at Colchester garrison. We served in Burma during the war, Singapore and India as a Sr NCO and was on staff at Colchester prison before leaving the army around 1955...
Views: 299   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 3, 2020 8:31am
by Lerod Manji
d
Declan
My great grandfather's record
Hi, I think my great grandfather served with the Queens own royal west kent in the great war. Private Alfred Charles Taylor, born 28/01/1895, regimental no. G/13219. If anyone could help with a service record or where I may be able to obtain a photo it would be muc...
Views: 238   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 3, 2020 8:13am
by Lerod Manji
Tracing my grandfather
Hi, I'm trying to find out about my grandfather. He served in this regiment during World War two and was regimental sergeant major. His name was Sidney Castro. I don't know which battalion he was in and much has been lost, since he died so I don't know his service...
Views: 217   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 3, 2020 4:50am
by Lerod Manji
Tracing a relative
Good afternoon - I'm trying to get some of the service history of my Great Uncle G/589 Frank Henry TERRY who died in action at Arras on the 9th of August 1917, I was wondering if you had any archives which may 'fill in some of the gaps'. Thanks and regards Pete...
Views: 245   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 22, 2019 12:43pm
by Mick Mills
Mesopotamia Journal
I inherited my grandfather’s journal from 1921 - as time allows I am transcribing the entries and will post them as each is done. Sometimes the language and abbreviations are a challenge, as is reading the faded ink with my old eyes! Hope for help filling in...
Views: 226   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 5, 2019 12:23pm
by Mick Mills
Mick Mills- there you are!
Hi Mick, I hope that you are well. We spoke briefly over a decade ago when I was researching my great grandfather, Wilfred West, who joined the 3rd battalion Buffs in April 1915 and then was transferred to the 5th and ended up going into Baghdad. I have his NA rec...
Views: 277   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 24, 2019 10:17am
by Mick Mills
Tracing national service records
Hoping for some help and guidance to try and trace my dads national service records He served with the royal east Kent buffs at Howe barracks During period 1959-1960 Service number 23649021 Private David George Tanner Please
Views: 321   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 26, 2019 9:57am
by john todd
Reunion
Is there a date for the reunion this year, I understand it is the last one.
Views: 256   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 25, 2019 5:01am
by Alan Barnes
7th Buffs war diaries Sept - Oct 1918
I am researching information on a book that I am writing about PTSD across the generations and wondered if anyone has a copy of the war diaries for Sept/Oct 1918. Looking for information about Cpl Edwin Newing A Coy 7 Buffs. He was critically wounded around this time...
Views: 250   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 22, 2019 12:24pm
by Mick Mills
a
Anita
Barry Stevens 'Sgt Bilko' 1959 - 1974 QOB
With great sadness and great love my father Barry Stevens who served in 2nd Battalion Queens Own Buffs and Queens Regiment passed away on 2 March 2019. In honour of my fathers life and service his funeral will be held on Friday 5 April at 1230 at Blue Bell Hill Cr...
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 18, 2019 6:36pm
by Anita
a
Anita
Barry Stevens 'Sgt Bilko' 1959 - 1969 QOB
With great sadness and great love my father Barry Stevens who served in 2nd Battalion Queens Own Buffs and Queens Regiment passed away on 2 March 2019. In honour of my fathers life and service his funeral will be held on Friday 5 April at 1230 at Blue Bell Hill Cr...
Views: 217   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 18, 2019 6:15pm
by Anita
Mystery??
My Great Grandfather John Allyn Hallmark Houlihan g/12337 Transport sergeant Transport Corps West Kent allegedly was killed in Messepotamia. I can find his medal card (I believe my great grandmother sent the medals back) and he is mentioned in despatches gazette issu...
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2019 4:05am
by Christopher Houl...
Douglas Sandfield
Can anyone in the forums help with this. A friend of mine is trying to trace Douglas Sandfield or Sanfield. Douglas was at the Junior Musicians Wing,Guards Depot, Pirbright 1963/64. He was in the Scots Guards and played clarinet and possibly violin. For unknown reaso...
Views: 228   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 13, 2019 10:20am
by Michael Pealing
Edward John Shopland
Over the years that my Grandmother was alive no mention was made of Grandad Shopland, perhaps it was the thing at that time and Grandmother had remarried. We had always been led to believe that Grandad had died during the war but not because of the war, but since my...
Views: 358   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 12, 2019 3:12am
by Peter White
Fathers War Service Record
Good afternoon, I am trying to find information of where my father fought during WWII. All I know is that I think he served with The Queens Own (Royal West Kent) Regiment. His Service Number is 6354124. I am hoping that someone can help or at least point me in the r...
Views: 251   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 12, 2019 2:42am
by Peter White
MY Service in Buffs and Queens own Buffs from 1958-1964
Does anyone still out there know me was in the band at first then went on to be a med/in the med/centre.
Views: 505   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 3, 2019 3:24am
by john meanwell-to...
National Srevice 1957
On the 21st November 1957 I started my national service in the Buffs at Howe Barracks Canterbury. Serving in Aden and Germany . Now living in Australia .I was wondering is the are any of the intake left? Carl Carey
Views: 264   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 3, 2019 3:04am
by john meanwell-to...
Information on my granddad.
Hello all, My grandfather was Leonard Thatcher. He served with C company of the 5 division The Buffs. He was captured in France and sent to Stalag VIIIb/ 344. I know he fought in France near Doullens. Does anyone have any information or pictures perhaps or maybe s...
Views: 268   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 13, 2018 3:08pm
by Guy Thatcher
Ex-serviceman Raymond Wells buried in 'pauper's grave' Canterbury
Is this something the Association can help with? The neighbours of a veteran laid to rest in an unmarked pauper's grave are fighting for him to be properly remembered. Raymond Wells, of Canon Appleton Court, Wincheap, was buried in a council plot at Canterbury...
Views: 243   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 3, 2018 9:50am
by Peter White
Information needed please
Hi, could anyone help me. I'm trying to find my Grandads war record. He served with the Buffs in the first world war. His name was Frederick James Taylor. He was born 12th December 1893 in Wandsworth London. His Father James Taylor as also served with the Buffs. If a...
Views: 281   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 12, 2018 11:59am
by Paul Blake
Father and Great Uncle
Father - William A. Chapman MM (stretcher bearer) North Africa, Italy and Austria. I know little or nothing about his service history with the Buffs but would like too. Great Uncle (p/grandmother's maiden name was Hall) - W.M. Hall. I have found two WW1 medals inscr...
Views: 230   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 29, 2018 8:54am
by J Taylor
Westerman
Hi,any information on Ernest william Westerman joined the buffs early 1918 reg num G/44218 any help appreciated thankyou
Views: 219   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 27, 2018 2:28pm
by Karl Westerman
Arthur Graham
I'm hoping to find out information on my Grandfather Arthur Graham. He was completing his national service at the outbreak of WW2. Instead of returning to his reserved occupation as a miner he served in the 4th Bn. The Buffs (South East Kent Regiment). As I can imagi...
Views: 285   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 12, 2018 8:43am
by Tredger
Regimental Colours of the 5th QORWK
I would be interested to know if anyone could tell me where the Regimental Colours of the 5th Queens Own Royal West Kent Regiment (TA) were laid up in September 1956. Was it All Saints, Maidstone?
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2018 3:09pm
by Paul Roberts
Kohima visit
I will be going on holiday to North East India in November and will be visiting the Kohima WW2 Cemetery on December 1st. I can put a Remembrance from the RWK Association there if you wish.
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 31, 2018 4:31am
by Steve Russell
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet