The Queen's Own Buffs Message Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

The Queen's Own Buffs Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Queen's Own Buffs Cap Badge

Can anybody please tell me if the Queen's Own Buffs wore their own regimental cap badge during their 5 year existence, or if they wore that of the Home Counties Brigade for the duration up to the formation of the Queen's Regiment?
I've had conflicting replies previously, but none from anyone who actually served with the regiment at that time.
If any Queen's Own Buffs Veterans could put me straight I'd be very grateful - thanks :grinning:

Re: Queen's Own Buffs Cap Badge

The Regiment only ever wore the Home Counties Brigade cap badge in the entire period of its existance.

I have in my procession a letter dated 13th march 2002 from the QOBs Colchester branch signed G R Arnot.
the letter in brief states that a badge was designed as far back as 1957 with the impending 1961 amalgamation and production went ahead, a few badges were produced I have two variations in my collection of badges and regalia of the QORWKR and the QOBs
although they were never issued ,if anyone would like either a photo of the badges or a copy of the letter please contact me
Kind regards
Nigel Bristow

Wow! Thank you for starting this thread. This helps me a lot. We are in the same scenario and concern with the badge. I've been asking some of my friends and they also gave me different answer. Anyway if you feel bored you can visit and download this PC Games for free - home page free fire – battleground

Fascinating thread and it answers why the RHQ has a advert in the 1966 magazine where theya re selling BUffs, QO RWK and a QOB cap badges. I could not work out why they were selling QOB badges as no battalion is recorded wearing such a thing. If they were selling up the stock of ones made prior to 1961 then that would explain it. I would be interested to know if the were made of nickel or bi-metal: were these the 2 types mentioned above?

Thanks

Alan