Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
l
Liz
8 year old finishing Level E... need advice
My 8 year old third grader is about to finish Level E. While he understands the concepts of Level E (and always scores well on the review lessons), he does require assistance on the geometry lessons (but not the geometry review lessons). By "assistance" I mean he s...
Views: 381   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 27, 2010 9:27pm
by Liz
b
Barb
Scope and Sequence
Has anyone ever done a scope and sequence for all of the RightStart Levels A-E? I see the objectives for the level at the front of the lessons book but I'm looking for the broader context and how it compares with the National Standards for teaching Mathematics. I...
Views: 322   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 26, 2010 7:05pm
by Barb
Lesson 109 Level E
My daughter's worksheet asks her to construct a circle with a 2" radius. She has no idea how to do that! Nothing's shown her how to do that yet. Am I missing something? I got out the compass, told her there were 2.5 cm in an inch, so we needed to use 50 mm, a...
Views: 295   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 18, 2010 3:29pm
by Kristina
c
Cassie
WEBINAR!!!
We are sponsoring a FREE webinar on Thursday, August 12 at 2:00 pm central time. Space is limited, so be certain to sign up quickly! Abacus-Based Mathematics, presented by Kathleen Cotter Lawler See how the AL Abacus fosters quantity recognition and develops ad...
Views: 271   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 28, 2010 3:37pm
by Cassie
t
Tina
Level D Lessons Needed
I need a Level D lesson book. Anyone have one for sale?
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 19, 2010 10:53pm
by Tina
Want to buy Level D
Does anyone have a Level D Lessons (the book for the Mommy) book for sale?
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 22, 2010 5:39pm
by Tina Pender
c
Cassie
Virtual Tour of our office!
Hello everyone! We have recently developed a virtual tour of our main office located in Hazelton, ND! We think its a great idea for your children to see where their homeschool books are made! Take a look at our website www.alabacus.com and click on the link to...
Views: 309   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2010 12:56pm
by Cassie
Fraction Puzzle Boards
FRACTION PUZZLE BOARDS ARE BACK!! http://www.activitiesforlearning.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=11&HS=1 Kathleen
Views: 356   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2009 10:40am
by Kathleen Lawler
math code
I came across this on the Yahoo! news page and thought you'd be interested. http://www.newsobserver.com/news/health_science/story/1641012.html Lori
Views: 308   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 10, 2009 3:40pm
by Lori Heffernan
c
Cassie
Homeschool week????
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone had any idea of when National Homeschool week is? I have searched around on the web and can't seem to find the correct link! Part of me thinks that each state might have its own week (this is pure speculation from my g...
Views: 473   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2009 11:56am
by Cassie
TODAY HAS A SPECIAL MATH MOMENT
Today, at 12:34 and 56 seconds, it will be.... 12:34:56 on 07-08-09! Dr. Joan A. Cotter and Kathleen Cotter Lawler
Views: 338   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 11:01am
by Kathleen Lawler
c
Cassie
YouTube!
Hello everyone! :) We have had some videos of our card games on YouTube for a while now but I thought just in case we have new users or members we should "introduce" the videos to you again! :) The games and links are listed below, just copy and paste the a...
Views: 341   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2009 4:38pm
by Cassie
Level E-- No tests?
I was printing out the Level E worksheets and supplements today off my Right Start worksheets CD and I noticed that there is no file of Tests and I flipped briefly through the worksheets and didn't see any there either. Am I missing something or are there no tests in...
Views: 300   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 8:09pm
by Jennifer
THANKSGIVING SAVINGS
For a limited time the Math Card Games Kit is available at a 20% savings! These 300 games retail for $50, but now can be purchased for $40. http://www.activitiesforlearning.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=12 The Math Balance and AL Abacus Classic are...
Views: 353   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 25, 2008 2:45pm
by Kathleen Lawler
ANYONE TEACHING RSM TO A DOWN SYNDROME STUDENT?
Hi my name is Griselda. I am a homeschooler up in the Alaskan bush. I am teaching my Down Syndrome 11 yo son math with Right Start math. I heard about your program through another mother with a DS child who was having success using it. I will confess that I have alw...
Views: 343   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2008 4:43pm
by gri buongiorne
m
MCK
awesome customer support
For any of you who are considering Right Start math -- you might like to know that in addition to providing a fun, imaginative, challenging math program, they also have wonderful customer support. As I was making my decisions about whether to use Right Start and for...
Views: 332   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 12, 2008 9:01pm
by MCK
Geometry Worksheet & Solution 161-1 / Geo Correction Link typos
Errata for Worksheet & Solution Page 161-1: Problem 2 says, "Draw the cuboctahedron inside the tetrahedron..." Shouldn't that say '... inside the octahedron..." ******************** Errata for your errata sheet Worksheet 78-2 (11/14/07): Problem #6: Y...
Views: 289   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 27, 2008 8:58am
by Julia (Liam's m...
n
Nancy
Geometric Corrections Link
http://www.alabacus.com/Downloads/Geometry Corrections 9-19-08.pdf Here is the link for our corrections. Try checking there first to see if it has already been addressed. Since this is our preliminary version any corrections not already found are very helpful to e...
Views: 307   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 25, 2008 8:56am
by Nancy
j
Jane D
Geometry Solution Sheet - #145
I cannot figure out why solution 3C works. In the solution it says Central Angle = radius/slant * 360 On this web page: http://www.mathopenref.com/arclength.html I see why this formula works though: arc length = 2*pi*radius * (Central Angle/360) and I can alg...
Views: 311   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2008 2:52pm
by Jane D
Geometry Solution Page 147-3
Geometry Solution Page 147-3: We think there is an error in the calculation of line segment AB on this page. We don't see an errata sheet for this. We have: AB squared = 5 squared + 5 squared AB = square root of 50 AB = 7.1 cm The solution page say...
Views: 300   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 28, 2008 7:42am
by Julia (Liam's mo...
Geometry Solution Page 147-2
Solution Page 147-2: We think there is a typo in the calculation for the volume on this page. This is how we worked it out: V = 1/3 BH V = 1/3 x 10 squared x 10 V = 333 cm cubed The lesson states that the height of the pyramid is the perpendicular d...
Views: 271   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2008 1:13pm
by Julia (Liam\'s ...
Geometry Solution Page 146-1 / Comments
Geometry Solution Page 146-1: Hi, We believe there is an error in the volume calculations, and we don't see an errata for it. We worked it out as follows: V=1/3BH H squared = h squared - .5 squared H squared = .866 squared - .5 squared H squared = .5...
Views: 294   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2008 3:35pm
by Julia (Liam's m...
Anyone in Franklin, TN
Hi...we just moved to Franklin and I'm starting my kids (9 & 5) on Rightstart Math this year. I was hoping to connect with others in the area. So, if there are any Rightstart "veterans" in the area, feel free to connect with us.
Views: 290   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2008 9:27am
by Angela Raynaud
Placement Questionnaire Link
Here is a link for the Starting Questionnaire
Views: 336   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2008 3:39pm
by Carissa
e
Ellen
Question about manipulative pages that require copying
Hello, I was wondering if it might be possible for you to post some of the manipulative pages that require copying onto the Rightstart Yahoo group website, or post them on your website. (I'm using Level A for homeschool, so I'm thinking of the geoboard templates,...
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2007 10:14pm
by Ellen
1 2
Free Forum powered by Bravenet