Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: number reversals

It's not unusual at all. You might consider having her make a ruler or card with numbers 0-9 that she can do in her very best writing that she can use as a reference piece to keep looking at. You can also have her practice in big sweeping movements writing on a white board; sometimes it helps to tie in the gross motor and the fine motor. I do correct them every time to accustom mine to seeing it properly, but I do it very casually, without fussing. You need to catch them in the act, really, for the correction to help. Every time they do it right, their muscle memory grows, but the reverse is true as well, so stopping malformation in it's tracks helps a lot.

Re: number reversals

Janet,

Thank you for your message. In addition, thank you to Kristina for your response.

I think Kristina is spot on with with her answer. As we know each child is unique and an individual, but I feel that her answer is a very nice idea.

I hope this helps, if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Make it a great day,

Cassie
Activities for Learning-RightStart™ Mathematics
Cassie@ALabacus.com
www.ALabacus.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics.