Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Is my son behind?

Latasha,

You have NO need to be worried! Your son5 is right on track with where he needs to be! Although many times level B is considered the first grade level, depending on the childs abilities and unique talents, level b can be used when the child is ready.

By the sounds of it, your son is excited to be doing so well in math (I am sure you are too!) I love to see the confidence that he is building by excelling!

By the standards Level B covers all of first grade, including a little of second and third. Therefore, Level C will have all of second grade, with some of third and fourth! :)

I see your concerns but know that not only will he know his math by using RightStart, but he will also know why he is doing it! :)

Happy Teaching!

Re: Is my son behind?

Thanks for the reply! I definitely see the benefit of starting where we did. We recently began mental math with larger numbers (i.e. 37 + 6 using the two 5's method) and he is doing very well with it. Thanks for the additional information regarding the leveling. It is very reassuring that level C will cover some 3rd and 4th grade skills as well.