Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Level B, Lesson 49 bead trading

Thanks for your response Carissa. That helps!

Re: Re: Level B, Lesson 49 bead trading

To help my daughter with the transition from the base 10 cards to side 2 of the abacus, I put the corresponding card at the top of each column so she could easily relate the bead in that column to the base 10 card. I knew she would struggle if I didn't help her see the connection. After a couple days working on side 2, she no longer needed the cards at the top. Once in a while, if she became confused, or if we had not worked with side 2 for a little while, I would get the base 10 cards out again and remind her. I was actually surprised this was not written into the lesson manual, since it is generally so thorough and does an excellent job linking everything the child is learning to previous knowledge.

Re: Level B, Lesson 49 bead trading

I think this is a great idea!

Remember, a good program and a good teacher makes a perfect curriculum. Keep up the good ideas.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. You can email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com .

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics

Re: Level B, Lesson 49 bead trading

We do the same thing, Lynn, and found that it helped us a lot!