Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: are we related?? Help me figure out who I am

Hi Kerri: You and I are distant cousins for sure. Henderson Lilly or Hence as they used to call him in West Virginia, was my gg grandpa John Alexander Lilly's younger brother. My grandpa used to tell us of Uncle Hence that lived in Indiana, was captured in the war and lived to be over a hundred years old. The Lillys were family on grandpa's mother's side. She was Emma Lilly-Hunt 1880-1919. She was one of 11 children born to John Alexander Lilly 1834-1889 and Mary Elizabeth Griffith-Lilly; 1943-1926. The family all lived in Raleigh County, W.Va. Emma married John William Hunt, 1862-1927. They married in 1903 and had 4 sons; Howard, 1906-1983, Lloyd, 1907-1930, Paul, 1909-2001 and Bill, 1912-1990. I have been looking for info on Henderson Lilly and any photos that may be had to copy of him. I think I sent you some of John Alexander. I would be happy to share any info I have on the W.Va. Lillys and would appreciate any you could provide on Henderson and his family. Thanks in advance. John Viens

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

Re: are we related?? Help me figure out who I am

and i keep screwing up on the mary catherine for frances katherine. there are about 8 mary catherine's on my dad's side, who i am also looking up

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? not sure