Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
are we related?? Help me figure out who I am

My great great grandpa was Henderson Harvey Lilly. His daughter Claudia Lilly (Ballard) was my great grandmother who died 2 months before I was born. Anyway Henderson's father was Edmund Lilly Jr.,whose brother John was Eli Semple Lilly's Father. My cousin Jon has a Lilly family tree in his attic (tsk tsk!)
I have traced back to a Robert Lilly as my 5th great grandfather who died when he was 114 years old. Is that possible???? How exhausting.

Also, Henderson came to Indiana from Virginia via Ohio, and settled in Henry co. He was a post master during the Grover Cleveland days. Apparently he didnt meet my great great grandmother until he got to Indiana. Her name was Frances Katherine Harvey.

Another thing I have found out is that Henderson's grandparents were an Edmund Lilly and Edith Meador. That's all I have found so far from all the notebooks and photos that my grandma, Gladys Lilly Ballard (Poor) had. That woman wrote on everything......man I miss her. She used to make some mean chicken and noodles.

Who are we if indeed I am one of you????

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? not sure

Re: are we related?? Help me figure out who I am

Hi Karrie,

The simple answer is yes, you are related to this line of Lillys and no Robert did not die when he
was 114. There is a lot of bad info online about
this family. See the info below.

You may contact me directly if you are willing to
swap information. Right now I stop at Claudia and
her husband Charles Ballard and I would like to
get information from you on their line of descendants.

BTW, there are a lot of Ballards in WV too so his line may have come from WV also.

Cousin Bob in Rochester, NY
(I like your email address)

1 Robert Lilly, Sr. 1735 - 1810
.. Mary Frances (Fanny) Moody 1732 - 1807
........2 Edmund Lilly, Sr. 1772 - 1832
............ Edith (Edy) Meador 1775 - 1860
...................3 Edmund Lilly, Jr. 1803 - 1852
....................... Elizabeth Houchins 1803 - 1872
.............................4 Henderson H. (Hence) Lilly 1839 - 1940
................................. Francis Katherine Harvey 1842 - 1881
........................................5 Claudia F. Lilly 1878 -

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes, 5 or 6 ways

claudia is henderson's daughter and a lot of the ballards are from VW. in fact, both sides of my family are all from virginia/west virg. charles emery was born 1882 and claudia in 1878. a couple weeks ago, my dad found one of claudia's old textbooks in the attic. she had written her name and date on the inside cover. september 14, 1891. thats what got me started on all this research. i want to know her...and all of them really. my mom says she (claudia) used to pat her stomach when she was pregnant with me and then she passed away. charles emery and claudia had 4 kids: bruce, named after her brother bruce lilly, chaunce, and howard (uncle howie). if you would like i can invite you to my ancestry.com tree and we can compare notes. my dads family is mostly mormon, so i knew where to start. their archive website is AMAZING!!!!

sorry..here i am clogging the page. claudia ballard died in april of 1973. charles emery in 1970. here is my email

skarrie2000@yahoo.com please email me. i think you can help me fill in the gaps. i also found in my grandma's stash photos upon photos of henderson lilly. quite the beard!!! he was middletown,indiana's oldest citizen when he passed in 1940 at age 101. he was also a civil war veteran and a p.o.w. held by the union army in chicago. i cant find any info on his wife mary catherine as far as birthday and her parents. its gotta be here somewhere. i do have a few pictures of her holding my grandma on her lap when she was a baby.

you know something funny? i drive by the lilly building here in indy every once in a great while and i always wave and say "hey cuz!". i will give 'em a wave for you too

and i keep screwing up on the mary catherine for frances katherine. there are about 8 mary catherine's on my dad's side, who i am also looking up

Hi Kerri: You and I are distant cousins for sure. Henderson Lilly or Hence as they used to call him in West Virginia, was my gg grandpa John Alexander Lilly's younger brother. My grandpa used to tell us of Uncle Hence that lived in Indiana, was captured in the war and lived to be over a hundred years old. The Lillys were family on grandpa's mother's side. She was Emma Lilly-Hunt 1880-1919. She was one of 11 children born to John Alexander Lilly 1834-1889 and Mary Elizabeth Griffith-Lilly; 1943-1926. The family all lived in Raleigh County, W.Va. Emma married John William Hunt, 1862-1927. They married in 1903 and had 4 sons; Howard, 1906-1983, Lloyd, 1907-1930, Paul, 1909-2001 and Bill, 1912-1990. I have been looking for info on Henderson Lilly and any photos that may be had to copy of him. I think I sent you some of John Alexander. I would be happy to share any info I have on the W.Va. Lillys and would appreciate any you could provide on Henderson and his family. Thanks in advance. John Viens

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes