ADHD & Aspergers Forum

ADHD, Aspergers and related disorders :- Post your questions, or just make your opinion known. Tell us if you have ADHD/Aspergers and what life is like for you. Or are you a parent who would like to share your experiences or need advice from others. Feel free to post your comments but remember to consider the feelings of others. The opinions expressed here are those of individuals and not those of professionals and may not reflect the views of the host. Discression is advised when ascertaining the validity of message contents. Stay safe - do not give out your address or phone number. :-)

ADHD & Aspergers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: my son has been diagnosed

Hi again,
Thanx for the reply sharon and im sorry i havnt got back for ages but as im sure you can imagine things have been pretty tough and altho im now a little better i still feel like my head is not quite part of my body at times.

Things have been ok but been having to see all sorts of different people and when i leave i feel even worse than when i went in, i know its something we need to hear and i know its all for the best for Liam but its really hard going as when i get home i see him as "Liam" just like ive always done but when i take him to the OT/child development/etc etc.. i feel like im right back where i started when they gave the diagnosis... Is any of this making sense LOL

Even tho i have 6 kids i havent even bought 1 single prezzie and im feeling pretty bad and totally stressed out with that.
Also i got offered a job the week before his diagnosis and i really feel some days that i just cant face it (i work as a play leader at a playscheme place with kids all day and i just think of Liam all the time and think what he can and cant do when little ones aged 1 - 5 can do them and i really dont want to be thinking like that

I also had a saturday job working 8 - 5 in a supermarket but i foned them on monday and told them i wouldnt be back... I just felt exhausted then having to deal with Liam on top was just too much.

Anyway i took my son to see the OT 4 wks ago she told me to apply for DLA for him, so after 4 weeks of not wanting to do it ive eventually sent it off.

Anyway thanx for my rant, im off to bed now.

Hope your all well
Night night
Luv
Jewels xxx