ADHD & Aspergers Forum

ADHD, Aspergers and related disorders :- Post your questions, or just make your opinion known. Tell us if you have ADHD/Aspergers and what life is like for you. Or are you a parent who would like to share your experiences or need advice from others. Feel free to post your comments but remember to consider the feelings of others. The opinions expressed here are those of individuals and not those of professionals and may not reflect the views of the host. Discression is advised when ascertaining the validity of message contents. Stay safe - do not give out your address or phone number. :-)

ADHD & Aspergers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: preparing for IEP meeting, need AS/ADHD info

Hi Amie,
As your son has got an Individual Education Plan,the school has acknowleged your son has got problems.Aspergers is highly hereditory and is more in boys than girls.As the school are not willing to get a school phychologist involved to get a diagnosis,take matters in to your own hands and take him to your own GP who has to refer your son on for further testing.Every parent has the right by law to have their child tested if they wish to do so.For ADHD they give you a conners score sheet to fill in,it is really easy and 1 will be sent to school.For AS you will be given a child history booklet to fill in,which is harder to do,but remember to put every last detail in it about your childs behaviour.Its a long hard process and i fought for years to prove my son had ADHD,but it was a lot quicker for my son who has AS.I hope this has helped you some?And good luck to you both!
Jo