The Queen's Own Buffs Message Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

The Queen's Own Buffs Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Trying to contact Mick Mills regarding research into 'Cory's Unit'

Mick,

I have been trying to track you down to request your assistance - I am serving officer in the British Army and currently doing some research on D Company 6th Bn the Buffs: 'Cory's Unit'.

I am doing this for my lifelong friend who is both a veteran himself and the current CEO of Cory: Dougie Sutherland. - he is going to provide me with a good quality copy of their original photo of the company in 1915 with all the men named.

At the moment I am looking to produce some wall 'posters'/Information boards and perhaps an information booklet and probably put together a battlefield tour for them. I don't know yet the extent of what I'm going to be able to provide.

I came across mention of your Buffs' Database both in the Great War Forum and the Friends of the Buffs Website and would be keen to see if you could assist me in my project. I have attacked the officers first (as they are always the easiest to track down) this week and would like to do justice to the real stars of Cory's Unit: the worker bees who became the soldiers and NCOs.

Many thanks in anticipation

Lee Smart

Re: Trying to contact Mick Mills regarding research into 'Cory's Unit'

Lee

I’ve got a lot of information on D Company and it would be great to share our research. I’ve sent you an email so we can get things started

Mick Mills