General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: David Collings

You guys are more like a family than a bike club!!

I so much appreciate the well wishes.

Just to give a few gory details, hopefully some element uf useful information. Nancy and I were headed east on Liberty Pike just east of the Factory in Franklin, a nice open section, lightly travelled at 7:30AM, and I was a few yards ahead of her, doing about 15 MPH on the way up to Mack Hatcher. I am pretty sure I was in the correct place in the road. With no warning, I received a nice smack to the lower back and decided that getting up was not a good idea.

From what I can tell, the maind amage is sort of like whiplash (compression fractures in T12 and L2), since the only impact evidence is a little road rash on the knees and back of the left shoulder. Not even the helmes was hit. I don't know if a mirror would have helped, but possibly a backlight might have.

EMT people must have been there in less than 2 minutes.

I will be brace for 3 months and off the bike until next spring. You won't kick me out for non-attendance, will you?

I don't know what each of you do for a living, but the care I received from professionals and friends is a stong reminder of how we (I) ought to behave all the time, not just in times of stress.

Also a reminder of what blessings we all receive even when we don't think to ask for them.

Thanks

dc

Re: Re: David Collings

Too bad you will miss my ride this weekend. Get well and we will see you when you get back.

Re: David Collings

Izzy,
Sorry, but I will miss your ride too. I have a weekend class, so I will be in class tonight and all day Saturday. I know it will be a good one and I will be thinking of you all having a terrific time while I am stuck in a classroom! Have fun and be safe!