General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anyone ride Rock Springs Rd?

I ride this road also known as the Goose Creek Road 3-4 times a year. Gen. Patton used the road during his training in the area. It will be one of the roads I intend to ride on the September 13 Free Food Ride that will leave from the Woodbury Courthouse at 10:30 and go to Alexandria for the BBQ hosted by DTC as a memder of DTC, Junkman, you will get to vote as well as eat. Hollie made this ride last year. Since this is not a traditional ride, it will not be the official club ride that Saturday, but I have been given permission to post it. Rock Springs is tar and chip until the DeKalb County line where it is good pavement into Alexandria. Liberty Hill is a smooth surface and a good Road with a beautiful church and nice homes along the way. Coon Branch is ok but not as good as the other two. I have not been on Hearn Hill in a while but it was tar and chip the last time I looked. It has a historic site on it. Capt. Wheeler's School (CSA) where W.E.B. DuBois taught is located on Hearn Hill Road. I will post more about the Free Food Ride as the date approaches.

Free Food Ride

Junkman &/or his bride may be forced to miss the free food as BRAT will be nearing it's kick off. Hopefully none of those scoundrels who, a few years ago, attempted to take over our beloved coop for personal gain will be in attendance.

Re: Anyone ride Rock Springs Rd?

Rock Springs and Liberty are great roads. Smooth Pavement on both. Rock Springs has a couple of rollers. Liberty Hills is basically a slight downhill grade from Rock Springs to HW96.

If you want a nice climb (however, rough payment), try Patton Hollow. Another nice climb in the general area is Rocky Branch.