General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone ride Rock Springs Rd?

Rock Springs goes North towards Alexandria from Hwy 267 (Statesville Rd). I'm looking for some new roads. Feel free to comment on connectors like Liberty Hill, Coon Branch, Hearn Hill or any others that you like or don't like.

Re: Anyone ride Rock Springs Rd?

I ride this road also known as the Goose Creek Road 3-4 times a year. Gen. Patton used the road during his training in the area. It will be one of the roads I intend to ride on the September 13 Free Food Ride that will leave from the Woodbury Courthouse at 10:30 and go to Alexandria for the BBQ hosted by DTC as a memder of DTC, Junkman, you will get to vote as well as eat. Hollie made this ride last year. Since this is not a traditional ride, it will not be the official club ride that Saturday, but I have been given permission to post it. Rock Springs is tar and chip until the DeKalb County line where it is good pavement into Alexandria. Liberty Hill is a smooth surface and a good Road with a beautiful church and nice homes along the way. Coon Branch is ok but not as good as the other two. I have not been on Hearn Hill in a while but it was tar and chip the last time I looked. It has a historic site on it. Capt. Wheeler's School (CSA) where W.E.B. DuBois taught is located on Hearn Hill Road. I will post more about the Free Food Ride as the date approaches.

Free Food Ride

Junkman &/or his bride may be forced to miss the free food as BRAT will be nearing it's kick off. Hopefully none of those scoundrels who, a few years ago, attempted to take over our beloved coop for personal gain will be in attendance.

Re: Anyone ride Rock Springs Rd?

Rock Springs and Liberty are great roads. Smooth Pavement on both. Rock Springs has a couple of rollers. Liberty Hills is basically a slight downhill grade from Rock Springs to HW96.

If you want a nice climb (however, rough payment), try Patton Hollow. Another nice climb in the general area is Rocky Branch.