General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Reminder: Saturday Club Ride- 7 am - Blackman Methodist -!!

Thanks for the ride Y.H.,it was great! Somebody got my Fat Tire Ale, I really needed the anti-oxidants!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reminder: Saturday Club Ride- 7 am - Blackman Methodist -!!

Yvonne,
Great ride!Thanks so much for getting us down to Bell Buckle.
The homemade peach ice cream in a homemade waffle cone was excellent, even at 9:30 a.m. (I guess you have to have an old stomach to not let a little heat and sweat deter you from the finer things)

Special thanks to you, David, for the maps-
(BTW, did you get any of those blackberries? I have my pie already made)

Hmm this email is all about food...:-)

Nancy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reminder: Saturday Club Ride- 7 am - Blackman Methodist -!!

Yvonne,
Great ride today, thanks for organizing!!!
And Cary....don't let the hecklers get to you.....a lot of these drivers are too stupid to have a license, therefore, they do not belong on the road.

Re: Reminder: Saturday Club Ride- 7 am - Blackman Methodist -!!

Cary, I think the wind noise and the speed at which the cars were passing may have caused you to misunderstand what people were yelling. I know I sometimes think people are yelling obscenities at me and then I just decide that they are actually shouting greetings and other pleasantries that I must have misunderstood. I also think that cars pass so closely to me because they are just curious about my bike and attire. Why not too long ago someone threw a bottle at us because I think they may have thought we were thirsty. I just wave at them always keeping in mind that it is important to do so with more than one finger. I may be wrong, but people may have been yelling at you because they were glad to see you "get your fine looking bike on the road".

Re: Re: Reminder: Saturday Club Ride- 7 am - Blackman Methodist -!!

Exactly, and Cary has such nice legs I am sure they were causing a stir of excitement too.

Re: Reminder: Saturday Club Ride- 7 am - Blackman Methodist -!!

Cyclists do generally have strong, well-toned legs.