General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reminder: Saturday Club Ride- 7 am - Blackman Methodist -!!

The ride will start from Blackman Methodist at 7 am sharp!!

If the day is like today, it should be a great day for a bike ride.

There will be several ride options:

The Comfort Ride (20 Miles or less), 34 Miles, or 62 Metric.

I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!!

Cue sheets will be available. I was not able to make a map because mapmyride.com now charges for printing which I discovered after working on it for a long time!!

Re: Reminder: Saturday Club Ride- 7 am - Blackman Methodist -!!

Anyone wanting to ride to the start just meet me at McDonald's at Memorial and Northfield around 5:30 am. I'm going to have a stack of pancakes and
then ride to the start.
I'll have my cell phone- 904-5940.

Cary- 893-0721

Thanks Yvonne! The ice water at the end was great and appreciated! I had a safe ride home although a couple times I got yelled at to get that "F-----g Bike" off the road!
There's room for all of us on the road.
Peace and Love

Cary

Great Ride Today!!

Who do I thank first??

I couldn't have done it without all of your help!!

Let me give it a try;

David Collins and Nancy Stewart because it was their idea and hardwork behind the scene (map, suggestions)!!

Cary for leading the 34 miler!!

Keith W. and Still Steve for backing me up and being ready to take charge!!

David Collins for sweeping and being a maniac single speeder like Chris!!

Josh for leading the Comfort Zone!!

Danny Sapp for the excellent pulls through the end of the route!!

David Walden for signing in!! (This is BIG!!)

Steve Lovett for keeping me honest all the time and for supplying the Hot maps!!

Craig B. for inviting new riders!!

Aaron for having a flat so we could catch up with you all (usually we're lucky to even see you after the ride starts)!!

To all the friendly riders who came out and got up early to ride in the heat and humidity.

Thank you, Thank you!!

Have a great rest of the weekend and make sure to go to Aaron's ride tomorrow at 5 pm at Scales!!

We had a great CZ ride today. We added about 16 more miles after we made it back to the church. It was a great ride and I look forward to doing it again.

Re: Re: Reminder: Saturday Club Ride- 7 am - Blackman Methodist -!!

Josh, thanks for leading the CZ ride today. My wife has talked about what a GREAT job you did. Steve

Re: Re: Re: Reminder: Saturday Club Ride- 7 am - Blackman Methodist -!!

Yvonne,

Great Ride!! Thanks to you, Steve, Dave and the others who helped me out with the flat.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Reminder: Saturday Club Ride- 7 am - Blackman Methodist -!!

Thanks for the ride Y.H.,it was great! Somebody got my Fat Tire Ale, I really needed the anti-oxidants!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reminder: Saturday Club Ride- 7 am - Blackman Methodist -!!

Yvonne,
Great ride!Thanks so much for getting us down to Bell Buckle.
The homemade peach ice cream in a homemade waffle cone was excellent, even at 9:30 a.m. (I guess you have to have an old stomach to not let a little heat and sweat deter you from the finer things)

Special thanks to you, David, for the maps-
(BTW, did you get any of those blackberries? I have my pie already made)

Hmm this email is all about food...:-)

Nancy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reminder: Saturday Club Ride- 7 am - Blackman Methodist -!!

Yvonne,
Great ride today, thanks for organizing!!!
And Cary....don't let the hecklers get to you.....a lot of these drivers are too stupid to have a license, therefore, they do not belong on the road.

Cary, I think the wind noise and the speed at which the cars were passing may have caused you to misunderstand what people were yelling. I know I sometimes think people are yelling obscenities at me and then I just decide that they are actually shouting greetings and other pleasantries that I must have misunderstood. I also think that cars pass so closely to me because they are just curious about my bike and attire. Why not too long ago someone threw a bottle at us because I think they may have thought we were thirsty. I just wave at them always keeping in mind that it is important to do so with more than one finger. I may be wrong, but people may have been yelling at you because they were glad to see you "get your fine looking bike on the road".

Re: Re: Reminder: Saturday Club Ride- 7 am - Blackman Methodist -!!

Exactly, and Cary has such nice legs I am sure they were causing a stir of excitement too.

Cyclists do generally have strong, well-toned legs.