General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sat. 2-23-08 Wheels of Fire- 75 MileTraining Ride

hi, just moved from atlanta. i rode 2x week around 50 miles each in the winter months. i would like join your club, it appears you offer more rides. i live in franklin now. i did wheels of fire last year with my bike group. may i ask the speed/pace & estimate time to finish the 75 miles on sat? i know there is alot of factors regard time & pace. just thought i would ask. thank you very much! suzy

Suzy- Hope you can join us. As far as the pace it will be steady and if you normally ride fast it will be slower. This time of year I am building base miles which is done at a slower pace. I also re-group as needed on these rides and don't leave anyone behind. To answer your question I would plan on an avg. of 14-15 mph, faster on the flats and down hills and slower climbing.
If you have more questions please call me.
Cary- 893-0721

Good ride- it was chilly- we got snowed on- it was a little dicey coming down Dickens Hill in the snow- but still a good ride- thanks for coming out Brenda-James-James and Steve. Steve and I had a great after ride meal at Marino's downtown.

Cary

Re: Re: Sat. 2-23-08 Wheels of Fire- 75 MileTraining Ride

Thanks Cary for getting us out-we looked for you from the top of Green!! After the foot thaw-I refroze-great day

Re: Re: Re: Sat. 2-23-08 Wheels of Fire- 75 MileTraining Ride

It was a great ride. Thanks Cary. Snow, sleet, rain and just plain cold! We had just about everything!