General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sat. 2-23-08 Wheels of Fire- 75 MileTraining Ride

Sat., 2-23-08 doing a 75 mile training ride for Wheels of Fire riders and any others wanting to ride. There will be a shorter option available. Ride will go rain or shine. Before ride join me at City Cafe on East Main St. at 7:15 am for pre-ride breakfast.
Time: Ride leaves at 8 am
Place: East Side of downtown square
Distance: 75 miles (shorter option available)
Ride rating: 3+ on scale of 5 being very hilly
Pace: Moderate/steady

There will be stores and possible lunch stop on the 75 mile route.
Planning to ride rain or shine or snow.
Cary- 893-0721

Re: Sat. 2-23-08 Wheels of Fire- 75 MileTraining Ride

Cary, what's the shorter option look like as far as mileage and which direction are you heading?

I'm planning on biking from my house to join you on the square.

Earl- still working out the route details but the short route should be in the 40-45 mile range. My plan right now is to head out south and west before looping back to town. See you Sat. morning.
Cary

hi, just moved from atlanta. i rode 2x week around 50 miles each in the winter months. i would like join your club, it appears you offer more rides. i live in franklin now. i did wheels of fire last year with my bike group. may i ask the speed/pace & estimate time to finish the 75 miles on sat? i know there is alot of factors regard time & pace. just thought i would ask. thank you very much! suzy

Suzy- Hope you can join us. As far as the pace it will be steady and if you normally ride fast it will be slower. This time of year I am building base miles which is done at a slower pace. I also re-group as needed on these rides and don't leave anyone behind. To answer your question I would plan on an avg. of 14-15 mph, faster on the flats and down hills and slower climbing.
If you have more questions please call me.
Cary- 893-0721

Good ride- it was chilly- we got snowed on- it was a little dicey coming down Dickens Hill in the snow- but still a good ride- thanks for coming out Brenda-James-James and Steve. Steve and I had a great after ride meal at Marino's downtown.

Cary

Re: Re: Sat. 2-23-08 Wheels of Fire- 75 MileTraining Ride

Thanks Cary for getting us out-we looked for you from the top of Green!! After the foot thaw-I refroze-great day

Re: Re: Re: Sat. 2-23-08 Wheels of Fire- 75 MileTraining Ride

It was a great ride. Thanks Cary. Snow, sleet, rain and just plain cold! We had just about everything!