General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PUT!!

Good job. I know you are disappointed you did not ride all of it, but be pleased with what you did accomplish. Most would not have done that much. You have a good idea now of what it will take for next time.

Re: Re: PUT!!

Way to go Kim. I know the family you were riding for appreciated what you did. Now you have a year to train and be ready for the next time! See you on the road.

Re: PUT!!

I am disappointed a little that I couldn't do the full ride, but I am amazed that I did complete what I did. The knee is still a little nasty looking, but doesn't hurt as bad. As soon as it heals a little more, I am ready to start riding again!

The family and the department that I rode for were amazing. They were such good people and totally shocked to hear how much I had done for them and their son, husband, dad, brother, friend, and coworker.

I also made so many new friends along the way. Cause when you are riding 250 to 1000 bicycles deep you never ride by the same person. The friendliness of officers from all over the states a few from Canada and one from Australia was amazing. We helped each other out from time to time as far as getting hydrated and food, medical care, confidence, boost of energy, to even the occasional push on the back to help go.

There is no way that I will miss next year!
Thanks again everyone!