General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Member input requested - Easy Rider program

I never knew Ann. How did she set up the Easy Rider program? Where are the people that rode with her? Did she lead every Easy Ride?
Just wondering--

I suggest each ride have a designated person for the easy rides. We can rotate. Maps would be good. I wouldn't mind riding easy from Christiana but had trouble making it to Ed and Dorthy's house last year due to work. I am not very good with the roads and would not want to get anyone lost- I don't think that would be too encouraging to have the leader lost and the newcomer doing a 40 mile ride the first time. Ask Lynn. My 20 mile rides turn into 30 and 40 when I know the roads.

I have been on almost all of the rides at some time or another. Most of the rides are not for beginners. I can hang with most but my wife wants to ride and she cannot. During the week I wish the rides started around 6PM . Some of us work in Nashville. I want to be an active member and rider.

Pat,
I think you're the Pat I rode with before? Tell your wife to come ride with me! She can e-mail me.
I would also like to have my son start riding. Of course his mom will only let him out on roads with very little traffic to start.
Just a thought-- Could the easy riders start out earlier than the fast group? (20-30 minutes)That way maybe (unless you pass us) we would finish about the same time?
How about some weekend ENDURANCE RIDES? For people who want more than 15-20 miles, but at slower pace? I just want to ride, not join the tour

The Schmidt's will be 'Easy Riding' on Sundays (Saturdays are a different story). Hana has a single bike this season and Ethan will be stoking for me on a tandem. We have been planing Sunday for Junior rides. Usually, the rides have alternate short routes.

Sounds Good! I need to talk to you about getting my son into cycling. He needs a road bike. Anyone have one to sell to a 13 year old?
Chris & Bradley