Return to Website

Ask a Geographer

Welcome to the Internet Geography Question/message board. If you have a comment about Internet Geography or want a question answered by a qualified Geography teacher - fire away! Sorry about the advertisements - they fund this service! If you can answer a question or help someone out with their studies please feel free!

Ask a Geographer
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: arkansas volcanoes

Tammy you win the bet! That is if the bet was just on volcanoes in Arkansas. I can't speak about Garland or Montgomery counties, but I can tell you there is one in Howard County. If you were to look at a map of Howard County, just out of Nashville at the airport is where, in most part; the center of the volcano. It is my understanding that this is the volcano responsible for creating the kimberlitic pipes at the diamond mine in Murfreesboro and the pure vein of gypsum mined near Nathan AR. My Father-in-law told me about the volcano, and to prove it, he showed me where to dig for geodes over by the airport. Also, there is no doubt about volcanic activity in Garland and Montgomery counties, I just don’t know where there is another volcano.

PS: I am no geographer