Return to Website

Ask a Geographer

Welcome to the Internet Geography Question/message board. If you have a comment about Internet Geography or want a question answered by a qualified Geography teacher - fire away! Sorry about the advertisements - they fund this service! If you can answer a question or help someone out with their studies please feel free!

Ask a Geographer
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
e
Emi
gegraphy
why is cambridge the wettst place in uk in summer
Views: 530   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2007 9:58am
by Emi
f
farid
Q about urbanisition and industrialization
plz explain about this title: urbanisation and industrialization are closely related.
Views: 535   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2007 12:24pm
by farid
GCSE Coursework
Hi I am an ICT teacher who is having to teach Geography to GCSE, I am so stressed out but just about coping, until now, I have to introduce the coursework. The students are going to two different sized local towns to ask shoppers where they live, what goods they are...
Views: 509   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2007 1:03pm
by Julia Gallagher
j
jamie
Help on Kenya
I am abotu to do my second piece of coursework in Geography, and i need a bit of help in doing this please? I have to talk about.....'Tourism in Kenya' Advantage or Disadvantage Can you help me out please? Thanks!
Views: 528   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 27, 2007 5:24am
by jamie
t
ted
geography
how are stacks formed
Views: 486   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 26, 2007 1:59am
by ted
Geog school work
Hiii .. Can anyone help me to analyse the difference between mean river velocity and mean surface velocity? Mant Thanks x
Views: 513   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 25, 2007 3:56am
by Hannaarrhhh
Global Warming and the affects on river estuaries
Hello, I am doing geography GCSE YR10 and we have been given the above question. I have found a bit of information about the sealevel rising and flooding but need something more specific about the river estuaries I wonder if you can help. Thank you
Views: 502   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2007 10:13am
by Richard Spanton
e
Ed
Why is north depicted as "up" on all maps?
I would like to know if anyone can tell my why maps are always oriented with north to the top and when this began to be the accepted convention? I note that Anaximander is credited with making the first map of the world, but that this map was lost and later recreat...
Views: 463   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 23, 2007 7:32pm
by Ed
m
mim
Views: 473   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2007 10:00am
by mim
s
stu
desert
was Scotland ever a desert
Views: 476   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2007 9:20am
by stu
help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi why do ledc's suffer more than medc's in earthquake? wat is better trade or aid?why? how do volcanoes and earthquakes kill people? is volcanologists job dangerous?why? what do volcanologists do? what is a fair trade? should we give aid?why?...
Views: 567   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 22, 2007 1:41am
by spannaman
g
George
Rivers
At which course of the river does it carry the maximum eroded material?Why?
Views: 454   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2007 6:41pm
by George
rainforest ecosystems
how do you describe a rainforest ecosystem?
Views: 469   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 18, 2007 12:44pm
by sandy macky
j
jade
in need
i need to know 10 cities that are sparsily populated
Views: 555   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 18, 2007 7:51am
by jade
Help needed!
What happens to the oxygen level as you climb a mountain?
Views: 432   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 3:57pm
by Joseph Smith
Geography
THE OCEANS The Earth's oceans are all connected to one another. There are five oceans: the Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Southern, and Arctic. There are also many seas (smaller branches of an ocean); seas are often partly enclosed by land. The largest seas are the Sout...
Views: 487   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 3:41pm
by Joseph Smith
dme help
hi , i am doing my geog dme exam and i have a few technical terms that i need some help to answer, holistic scheme growth corridor freight interchange it is about the new transport sytems that are available.
Views: 523   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 6:22am
by charlotte
k
Kate
Views: 485   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 1:41am
by Kate
Market gardens..!?!?!?!* Please help..!!!*
Hiyya my teachers set me homework 2 find out what the Inputs, processes and outputs be for a market garden and i honestly don't have a clue! please help !
Views: 475   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 1:23pm
by Brittany
a
Aidan
Location of timber yard
I need to complete homework about the location of a timber yard industry. I need to consider raw materials, power, labour, market, transport, and site/location. Can anyone point me in the right direction to research this topic?
Views: 471   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 10:34am
by Aidan
r
rachel
help
i have test soon i want to no tipes of volcanoes which have erupted and earthquakes which of happend please help me x rachel
Views: 518   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 9:59am
by rachel
climate
Briefly describe how climate affects the global distributions of tropical rainforests,mangrove forests,tropical monsoon forests and temperate coniferous forests.
Views: 477   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 3:03am
by Melissa tan
g
Glenn
erosion......................Please Help
What is another name for man made erosion. Please help Many thanks Glenn
Views: 524   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2007 11:31am
by Glenn
j
James
Hiltons Model of downstream change
where can i get a diagram of hiltons model of downstream change?!?!
Views: 549   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2007 5:37am
by James
Erosion
How does S.U.S.T. affect cliff erosion
Views: 527   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2007 6:27am
by Gabriella
Coasts
I have been set a number of questions by my geography teacher one of which I cannot answer could you give me some ideas? The question is: People can object to plans at this (2 words) It forms part of a crossword and the answer is 13 letters long with the 5th l...
Views: 531   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 2, 2007 9:57am
by Paul Higgins
s
Shah
Solving Uneven development
Can someone fill in the blanks please. It would also be nice if you could add extra information. Thanks. "Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing to propose some solutions as to how we can work towards narrowing the gap between the rich and the poor countries. World deve...
Views: 514   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 1, 2007 12:01pm
by Shah
j
JD
japan
i need to find a japanese case study of farming, it's ********* or ****agueama, it'ssomethinglike that but i need the correct spelling does anyone know it, it's on the island of honshu
Views: 579   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 29, 2006 1:42am
by JD
e
Emma
Help!
Please can you help me? I need to find some information about Mount Etna erupting in 1992. I have searched everywhere, but i can't find anything! Please help me as soon as possible, it is urgent! Thanks, bye
Views: 592   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 29, 2006 1:39am
by JD
Employment Distribution
The number of Workers in Industrial and tertiary Sectors of Developed and Developing Countries and the reasons for the differences. I want this Information for my class 10 Geography project. Kindly help me.
Views: 487   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 23, 2006 8:27am
by Rahul Narang
r
Rachel
Population
What is the difference between population density and population distribution?
Views: 620   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 14, 2006 3:19pm
by ikenbikeit
s
Selvin
Government
Explain the reasons for the growth of representative government and institutions during the colonial period.
Views: 548   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 12, 2006 11:17am
by Selvin
b
ben
our unsettled planet
Been asked to design a front cove for a booklet entitled 'OUR UNSETTLED PLANET' - What do you think
Views: 624   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 11, 2006 1:46pm
by johnt
j
Jodie
Dorset Coast erosional landforms
Why is there a line of caves along the bottom of the cliffs at Old Nick's Ground, Dorset? When the tide goes out, why can you see a layer of rock on the sea bed that is hidden at high tide?
Views: 705   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 10, 2006 6:55am
by Jodie
geography question.
what atmosperic condition are available throughout the year in east africa but found only in winter in russia? (high pressure, ice, snow, vodka! all are wrong answers)
Views: 632   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 9, 2006 10:58am
by abdulrasul
1 2 3 4 5
Free Forum powered by Bravenet