Return to Website

Ask a Geographer

Welcome to the Internet Geography Question/message board. If you have a comment about Internet Geography or want a question answered by a qualified Geography teacher - fire away! Sorry about the advertisements - they fund this service! If you can answer a question or help someone out with their studies please feel free!

Ask a Geographer
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A snow/slush river in Greenland

Hello, my name is Molly. I am a senior at a central Wisconsin high school. In my physics class my teacher Mr. Konichek showed us a video that his brother-in-law made with a bunch of other climbers. They went up to the northern most part of Greenland (you can't even see it on the globe because the black circle covers it) And the group had a two week window of sun light, because that's how long summer is up there. On their ascent they found a river. It flowed like water, but as it would branch off it would instantly turn into a pile of snow! There was random piles all over the place but the water kept on flowing. No one had a explanation for it. Maybe you do? Thank you so much, hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks,
Molly