General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any Rutherford County / Murfreesboro Rides on 9/3 Saturday

Another Saturday and another Murfreesboro Club ride not in Murfreesboro. Will the Murfreesboro Bike Club offer an alternative ride that is actually in the city/county?

Re: Any Rutherford County / Murfreesboro Rides on 9/3 Saturday

Sidecar - Here’s the solution to your problem: Volunteer to be a Ride Leader and then you can start when/where anyplace you want.

As a general rule, we do not support alternative club rides on Saturdays. We are a social club, and Saturday is when we gather to ride and fellowship as a club. Exceptions will be made for certain special events or routes that would be too challenging for the average club member.

All routes must have a ride leader and be posted on the club calendar to be considered a club ride. This applies to any alternative ride.

This Saturdays ride leaves from Beachgrove. It's located just across the county line in Coffee County. The route has been a favorite of the club far as long as I can remember. I highly recommend it. We also have a Comfort Zone (CZ) ride that leaves from Buchanan Elementary School.

Rutherford county has experienced explosive growth. Many roads, located closer to town, are no longer safe to ride. As a result, many of our ride locations have been pushed to outer limits of the county with routes often crossing into adjacent counties.

Additionally, many of our members live in adjacent counties including Cannon, Warren, Coffee, Bedford, Williamson, Davidson, and Wilson. If they want to lead a ride from the county of their residence, then we fully welcome and support their choice. These counties all offer unique riding experiences, and as a club we are eager to explore new and fresh areas. That's a huge appeal to many cyclists.

I hope you will be able to join one of these rides and see for yourself that there is a lot of beautiful backroads to enjoy.

Sidecar Sally,
I’m not sure who you are but feel free to contact me about volunteering to lead a ride.
We are always looking for volunteers.
I got involved so that I could occasionally choose a ride.
I second Scott’s reply as it is thorough and well done.
I hope to meet you soon.

Hey SideCarSally - contact me. I am doing some JDRF Training rides on Saturdays and those are always local. Welcome to join us.

615-202-3072 text or sarahL@mborobike.com email.