Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RightStart level for my 8 year old.

Hi, Sara!

Wow! What great comments!!!! It sounds as if you guys are doing fabulous!

I have a couple of struggling learners in my family and was very blessed to find RightStart Math. It truly has been amazing that they do so well. In fact, many people are impressed with how much they not only know, but also understand, as far as math goes - not so much spelling!!! Hahahaha!

My daughter (struggling learner) is in 4th grade and is in Level D. We are a bit behind, but I have resolved to teach her to her ability, not necessarily to her grade. I would recommend the same for you. If your daughter is able to move more quickly, then go ahead. If she is struggling at all, then you need to keep the same pace.

In the end, the goal is to be sure your daughter doesn't just finish her work, but understands what is being taught.

Here is a 'schedule' of math for you to glance at to get an idea of what the future years will hold, if you don't 'catch up':

3rd Grade - Level C
4th Grade - Level D
5th Grade - Level E
6th Grade - Level F
7th/8th Grade - Level G/VideoText Algebra Module A (PreAlgebra)
9th/10th Grade - VideoText Algebra Modules B through F (Algebra I and II)
11th/12th Grade - VideoText Geometry Modules A through F (Geometry, Trigonometry, PreCalc)

As you can see, you are still on target to complete what needs to be completed for your daughter.

If you want to move her more quickly through the curriculum, one suggestion might be to work on some lessons over the summer months. This way, you are not pushing her too fast. In addition, she will not forget as much during the summer months and will be more ready (with less review) when fall comes. That would be just a suggestion. We usually only do about 2 or 3 lessons a week during the summer months.

I hope that gives you some confidence and a plan. Of course, if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to repost them here or email RightStart Math directly at info@rightstartmath.com.

Have a great school year!
Rachel

ps. Would it be possible for us to share your testimony on our website or on Facebook? You can email me directly at rachel@rightstartmath.com.