Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lesson length

Follow them, as in her methods, not my friends. Haha!

Hi, Bethany.

Great question! While I am sure you will find a variety of folks saying a variety of different things... ;-) What I have found in teaching my four children (with a variety of different learning styles, including some struggling learners) is that for kindergarten, 10-15 minutes of work in any subject is sufficient. Anything longer, and kids tend to get distracted. At that age, in fact, they NEED to change gears after a period of focused time. They need to explore and play. They are just wired that way.

Of course, each child is different. Some can sit much longer than others. But for Level A, the rule of thumb is 10-15 minutes per lesson time. Level B you will up that to 15-20 minutes, unless you have a struggling learniner, in which case, you may need to modify those times a bit.

I hope that helps!
Have a great day!
Rachel

Are the lessons in Level A written to take about 10-15 minutes?

Hi, Bethany.

Yes. The lessons in Level A should take about 10 to 15 minutes to complete.

Obviously, each child learns at a different speed and some lessons might take longer than others. But generally speaking, they should only take about 10 to 15 minutes.

Rachel