Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mastery of Level B before starting C

We are finishing 2nd edition Level B, and I have been using lots of review games to have him master 2digit addition and (less successfully) subtraction within 20. I just looked over level C and saw over 1/2 the book seems to be addition and subtraction again. Was B supposed to be an intro and should I not be delaying progress until mastery? I'm a bit confused if I should proceed since he still struggles with subtraction since it looks like we do it again. Will we constantly be repeating each level as part of the right start strategy in levels D, etc.? Thanks for the help! Tedi

Re: Mastery of Level B before starting C

Hi, Tedi. My name is Rachel.

There is a lot of review in Level C for more advanced addition and subtraction. Level C will teach the student various strategies to help him get to the correct answers more quickly.

As you have discovered, higher level addition/subtraction is more complicated and requires more time for many students to master. This is why there is more time put in those concepts.

Yes. You want your student to master addition/subtraction facts to 20. Level C will build upon those concepts and have the student work more complex addition and subtraction work. So, if your son is doing well with his math facts, he will be fine in Level C. Level B provides solid instruction, Level C will continue in that instruction and provide more complex problems for the student to consider and work through.

I hope that helps! If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to repost here or email RightStart Math directly at info@rightstartmath.com.

Have a great summer!
Rachel