Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: warm ups in back of book

Hi, Jenny!

The Warm-Up Practice Sheets will be needed starting in Lesson 96. I recommend that you make several copies of the sheets so that you can reuse any of them you feel your child might need more practice with.

As far as being 'rusty' with your child's math facts. Every once in a while, my kids have done the exact same thing. ;-) I have done several things to help bring the math facts back into 'memory'. The first thing I do - you are already doing! I play extra math card games. There even has been a time or two when one of my kids needed SUPER EXTRA practice! In this particular case, I actually stopped lessons for a while (a couple of weeks) to review the math facts he was 'forgetting'. Most kids will not require that much time, but my son has some memory deficiencies.

Another thing I have done to resurrect their math skills is to go back to a previous lesson that will 'review/teach' those concepts again. So, if your child is struggling with subtraction, you may want to review Lessons 54, 56, 57, etc.

One less 'intense' review of this concept would be to take a few of the equations listed in Lessons 54, 56, 57, etc. and include them in the Warm-Up time. You can focus on the equations in which your child needs extra help.

Finally, one other thing I have one is to create a worksheet to review these topics. As you have the worksheets on .pdf, you can easily print out another copy of one of the worksheets to serve as a 'review' worksheet. Your child can work on that during his/her Warm-Up time - OR - as I do, have him/her complete the worksheet during lunch preparation or another time NOT during math class. This prevents 'burn out' during math time and keeps his/her brain 'fresher' for math class.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to repost here or email RightStart Math directly at info@rightstartmath.com.

Have a fabulous day!
Rachel

I must not have check the notification button, so just seeing your response now.
Thank you for the clarification!

My pleasure, Jenny!

Please feel free to post here or email RightStart Math at info@rightstartmath.com!

Have a great day!
Rachel