Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Begining level C ist edition right after level B 1st edition

We're starting Level C 1st edition right after Level B 1st edition and need to know what can be skipped and what can be quickly reviewed. I found a similar thread on this site but it was referring to the 2nd edition which didn't seem to jive with the first. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Begining level C ist edition right after level B 1st edition

Hi, Mark!

The First Edition Level C has a built-in 'assumption' that the student will finish Level B in the Spring and start Level C in the Fall - thus taking the summer off. So, the first 12 lessons in Level C are a review of concepts taught in Level C and to get the child's mind back into math.

As your child will be starting Level C right after Level B, you can choose from a couple of options. First, if your child fully understands the strategies for addition, you can skip the first 12 lessons and jump directly into Lesson 13. Second, if you are unsure if your child understands the strategies or some of the concepts, then you can review these lessons, quickly going over points you know your child has a full grasp on, but 'lingering' on concepts that he/she struggles with.

When I teach my kids, I review lessons - even when I know they understand the material. One reason I do this is to build their confidence. The second reason I do this is every once in a while, I uncover a 'problem' in their learning - either they don't understand something or they have forgotten how to do something - and by reviewing the lessons, we are able to address the issue before it becomes problematic.

Each family works differently, so how you move forward will be up to you. Remember, the goal is to get your child to understand and enjoy math! If reviewing the material causes your child to get bored, then by all means, move forward!

I hope that helps! If you have any further questions, please feel free to post them here or email RightStart Math directly at info@rightstartmath.com.

Happy New Year!