Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new to Right Start and 2nd edition

I am planning to transition to Right Start from another math program. The placement test puts us in Level D. He is finishing up third grade math and certainly understands all of the concepts in level D, but I would say he has not mastered every single thing. To make sure we build on a firm foundation, we are opting to review the concepts in Level D, but we may go through it quickly as it appears none of the material is new. Based on the positive feed back, I was hoping to be able to use the Second Edition.

Is RS2 Level D expected to be available for a September 2015 start of a school year? Or should I just plan to do RS1 Level D? Is RS2 Level E expected to be available to start a school year September 2016? Are you adding an extra year to RS2 with Level F?

Are the transition lessons the same whether you use RS1 or RS2? Is that something we can work on over the summer while we wait for RS2 Level D? How long does it take to complete the transition lessons?

What are your overall thoughts on using RS1 vs RS2 and a timeline for us?

Thanks for your help!

Re: new to Right Start and 2nd edition

Hi, Lisa! My name is Rachel and I am happy to help you today.

Level D Second Edition will be available by the end of the summer - in time for families to start their school up in the fall. However, for your family situation, you may want to consider using the First Edition - only because of the timing. Level E Second Edition will not be available until the end of the summer next year. So, if you think your son will 'fly' through Level D Second Edition and that you will need a level prior to the start of your school year in 2016, you will probably want to just go ahead and order the First Edition.

With the First Edition, you do need to work through Lessons 35 through 55 in the Transition Manual prior to starting Level D. You can either do those lessons over the summer or you can opt to do those lessons at the beginning of the school year.

I have taught both the First and the Second Editions with my kids. While I do love the Second Edition, the First Edition gave my older kids a fabulous foundation for math!

I hope that helps! If you have any further questions, though, please feel free to re-post here or you can email RightStart Math directly at info@rightstartmath.com.

Have a great summer!
Rachel