Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Organization

I just received the 2nd edition Level B workbooks and manipulatives and am excited to start using it! There are so many manipulatives and I want to keep them organized and separate from other materials. Do you have any suggestions on a storage container that will keep the manipulatives organized, separated & portable? Thanks!

Re: Organization

Hi, Andrea!

I am so excited for you to start RightStart Math! I have spoken to many folks about organizing and storing the manipulatives...and have tried numerous methods! :-) Here are some ideas for you:

1. I have used a plastic shelf system. You can buy them fairly cheaply at any Target or Walmart store. Everything fits in the drawers except the Math Balance. I keep that high up on one of my bookshelves. My kids LOVED playing with it too much to keep it at eye level! :-)

2. Storage tubs. This was the least effective method that I have tried as I tend to lose 'parts' inside the tub and have to 'go digging'! :-) However, many people have used this method as well.

3. A new method I learned about this year (but I haven't actually tried it yet), is to use a shoe organizer that hangs over the back of a door. Several folks I spoke with at conventions use one and say they love it! Of course, some of the larger items do not fit, but it certainly is a great idea for many of the smaller items and the card decks! In addition, it can be 'out of sight'!

I hope that gives you a start! If you think of a storage method, please let us know!

Have a great rest of the summer and enjoy teaching Level B!!!!

Rachel