Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Level C 2nd edition

I see that they updated the release date of level C to late summer. Do you know if they will be emailing the first group of lessons as they did with level B for those of us who are ready to move on? We will be finished with level B in early May. I planned to play games to keep it fresh while waiting for the next level, but it would be great if we could start it earlier.
Thanks,
Sharon

By the way I love love love the second edition! The extra games have made it so I don't have to take a break to play extra games for practice. I also like the better review. This year has been going very smooth for math!

Re: Level C 2nd edition

Hi, Sharon!

At this point there are no plans of releasing lessons earlier. I believe they are looking to have Level C completed by the summer and ready for the new school year, so there (for the most part) won't need to be a need for an early release.

Keep your eyes on our website as any updates to the schedule/release will be put on the home page.

Have a great day!
Rachel

Thanks Rachel. I have another question regarding what will be covered in level C. We are going through the subtraction strategies lessons right now. My son is 7 1/2 in second grade. He is understanding them, but he is not mastering them. Will these strategies be covered again in level C? Should I stop until he does master them or should I just keep going? He will be done at the end of May at the rate he is going. I planned to play games over the summer to work on addition and subtraction facts and to keep things fresh.
Thanks,
Sharon

Hi, Sharon!

I am so glad you are enjoying the Second Edition...I am too!!! My daughter is in Level A Second Edition and we both are LOVING it! :-)I agree with you...the additional games and the consistent review is a wonderful addition/improvement to the program!

I don't have any information at this point on if they will release lessons early like they did Level B. I believe they did Level B this way because the entire book was not ready until after August/September when most everyone was back in school. I do know that others have requested lessons early, so we will see. Keep your eyes on the website as any updates on the release of Level C (including early lessons) will be announced there.

Of course, you can always feel free to post back here or email us directly at info@rightstartmath.com.

Have a great day!
Rachel

Thanks Rachel. I know level C won't be out early. I was asking if I should be expecting him to mast the subtraction strategies in level B or if they will be covered again in level C.

Hi, Sharon!

I am sorry...I was re-answering your first post!!!! :-)

Your son doesn't need to have the facts mastered prior to moving on. However, if he is really struggling on them, you may want to spend a couple of days practicing the facts. There were a couple of times when I stopped the lessons for about a week or two and worked only on the math facts until my kids were more comfortable with them. Then we moved on. It was a fun break for the kids and when we got back into the lessons, we just flew.

There will be continued review of addition and subtraction facts in Level C. Of course, review and practice over the summer will be very beneficial and give him a 'jump start' for the school year. I have 'review' math games and exercises throughout the summer with my kids and have found that it keeps their minds in math and they are mentally ready to go when school starts back up in the fall.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to repost! Have a fabulous day!
Rachel