Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Starting school year halfway through level b?

Hi, Courtney.

When I need to start my kids in the middle of a Level, I actually start reviewing the warm-ups of the previous few lessons prior to jumping in. In fact, I may spend a week just going back over some of the warm-up exercises as well as various activities we did the previous year that they enjoyed AND activities in which they struggled a little. After a week of 'reviewing' I find that my kids are ready to jump in where we left off.

Let me know if you have any further questions! You can post here on this forum or email me directly at info@rightstartmath.com.

Have a fabulous school year!
Rachel

Thanks, I'm finding it much easier to get back into C with my third grader because of the practice reviews every few lessons, though I wish there was a list of the strategies so I could remember them.

I know what you mean about remembering all of them! :-)

Sometimes, I look at the Table of Contents of the Teacher's Manuals to try to 'trigger' my memory. For example, Level C has a lot of addition and subtraction strategies. When my kid is struggling with addition or subtraction, I will go to Level C and look at the Table of Contents to find a lesson that might help, ie. 'Adding 8 to a number' or 'Mental Addition Shortcuts', etc.

Anyway, that is just something I do.
Have a great school year!
Rachel