Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question about Geometry worksheet 121-2

My 11 year old is having a hard time with worksheet 121-2, section #6. When she plugs the numbers into the formula, she's not getting the same answers as the answer key. Can someone please walk me through the process of getting the answers?

Re: Question about Geometry worksheet 121-2

Hi, Amy.

This question just came through our email system and Dr. Cotter answered it. Here was her response:

That table might seem daunting at first. But once you understand the terminology, it won't be hard: n is the row number and fn is the Fibonacci number. For example, when n = 1, fn = f(1) = 1, fn+2 = f(1+ 2) = f(3) = 2 (from the third row). Also, fn+1 = f(1+1) = f(2) = 1 (from the second row).
One more example: when n = 2, fn = f(2) = 1, fn+2 = f(2+ 2) = f(4) = 3 (from the fourth row). Also, fn+1 = f(2+1) = f(3) = 2 (from the third row). Then fn x fn+2 = 1 x 3 = 3. (fn+1)^2 = (2)^2 = 4.
I hope this helps.

If you have further questions, feel free to email us at info@rightstartmath.com. We are happy to help!

Rachel