Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Placement

No problem! I am happy to help!

If you feel that she can do those functions, I would definitely go ahead and start her in Level C. Level C comes with the Transitions Lessons (I believe that she would need to do the first 19 Transition Lessons) that help both you and your daughter learn the 'RightStart' way - in other words, learn how to use the manipulatives and learn some of the strategies taught in Level B. There will be review as well.

Once she gets into Level C she will continue to work on addition and subtraction for the first almost half of the book and then start on her multiplication. She will not miss anything important - as long as she has a good grasp on place value and understands how to add 4-digit numbers.

As far as the math facts go, the Level C starter kit comes with the Math Card Games manual. You can choose from any number of games to work on her addition, subtraction or multiplication math facts.

Anyway, if I were you I would go with Level C. But of course, if you have any further questions, just let me know!

Happy schooling!
Rachel

Perfect!!!
Thank you, Rachel!
I believe all of our communication has paid off : ) I see now, with your input, that Level C does indeed sound like the best place to begin. I thank you very much for talking me through this as I was obviously uncertain where to place my daughter.

I had no idea that the Transition Lessons were included as part of Level C, that makes me feel very comfortable, knowing that I can start my daughter off getting acquainted with the RS way. And the Math Card Games are exactly the way I am wanting to practice math facts with my daughter. I am certain she will benefit from the card games.

Perfect!
Thanks very much : )
Candice

Rachel, I have yet another question!

I recently purchased RS Level A basic kit, for my 4 year old---that is going very well, by the way.
I am wondering, if I purchase Level C for my older daughter, what do I need, what can I skip that the Level A kit already includes?
I know I will get the Level C lessons, an additional abacus----what else will I need from the Level C kit that isn't already part of the Level A kit?
Thanks for any help!

Hi.

Sorry for the delay...I was out all day! :-) You will only need to purchase the items you do not have already. However, because there is a built-in discount for starter kits, sometimes it is just as cheap or cheaper to purchase the starter kit rather than breaking out the items you will need.

The best way to determine the cheapest options is to call our customer service/order line at (888)775-6284.

Please let me know if you have any further questions! I am always happy to help!

Rachel

Thank you, Rachel. I'll take a look at the level C Starter Kit and see if that might be a more economical way to go.
Thanks very much for your help with all of this!

My pleasure!

Best of luck to you!
Rachel