Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: when to start VideoText Algebra

Hi, Lori.

There are so many ways that you can incorporate VT into Geometric Approach. The 'official' suggestion is to start VT approximately half way into Level G and do one lesson a week spread out throughout the whole week. So Monday, view the lesson and do the odd numbered equations. Tuesday, take the Form A quiz (if there is one). Wednesday - view the lesson again and do the even numbered equations, if needed (as described in VT instructions). Thursday - Take the Form B quiz (if needed). Friday is a free day.

However, when my son was in Level G, he loved it so much that I couldn't pry him away. We ended up just finishing the RS Level G and then starting VT once that was complete. It took us about 1 1/2 years to complete the Geometric Approach Level and then about another 1/2 year to complete Module A of VT. So together (for us) it takes approximately 2 years to complete both programs.

Let me know if you have any further questions!
Rachel