Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Level C Lesson 34 Long Chain Game

Level C, Lesson 34 refers to a long chain game with 60 links. I'm assuming that it is similar to the examples of those given in the book of an actual circle being drawn. However, there is no example given of how to start it. Does anyone know?

Re: Level C Lesson 34 Long Chain Game

Hi, Dawn.

In the Math Card Games Manual, it describes the long chain solitare game on page 38 - Game A49. The even chains game is shown on page 37 (A48). There are also subtraction chain games listed on pages 92, 93 and 94 for future reference.

Let me know if you have any further questions!
Rachel

Thank you for the reply. I saw those games in the game book, but to me the lesson book (C lesson 34) seemed to imply that there was a long-chain game that you drew an actual circle for like those in the lesson book (C lesson 34) that used 12 marks. That is really what I'm trying to figure out.

I went and took a look at the game book again. Although it does not directly address this question, as it only pertains to a card game, the bottom line is that you can draw a large circle and make 60 marks on it if you want to. Then, use any of the two consecutive numbers from the solution given in the game book to start the chain.

You are exactly right!

Good luck!
Rachel