Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Math Test Level B

I was actually just recently reviewing my son's standardized test scores through the past several years. In 2009, when he was 11 and finished "grade 5", he tested at 54th percentile for math -- perfectly fine, just average. This was *before* we went to RightStart - or at most, shortly after we had started using it, I've forgotten the exact starting timeline.

We then realized he has some serious holes in his math retention. We started level E RightStart and he continued it through the first half of his *grade 6* year. In spring 2010, he had finished level E and also gone through Life of Fred Fractions, and was starting a bit of the RS Geometry course.

His math test that year scored 86th percentile, an enormous improvement.

Then his 2011 test, where we've been slowly working through the geometry book as well as starting pre-algebra, he scored 99th percentile.

So I have NO worries whatsoever about RS being good preparation for middle school math. ;)

heather d