Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New user with level B

Hi, Melanie! My name is Rachel and I am happy to help you.

My son, too, got frustrated with writing numbers. He is a perfectionist and wanted his writing to be perfect. The problem was that his dexterity wasn’t developed yet! I really appreciated this program because we could get to the answers without a ton a writing!

Don’t be afraid to do a couple of lessons a day. Unless it is a new concept, don’t feel like you need to cover every single item in each lesson, either. If he gets the concept immediately, don’t worry about doing all the examples. I would start at the beginning of the Level, covering more than one lesson a day until he is being challenged. Tell him you are reviewing concepts and doing math a new way. Sometimes that helps them not feel ‘belittled’.
Also, I would really start introducing games, especially if the lesson time is short. This will give him more confidence and practice with his math facts WITHOUT having to write his ‘imperfect’ numbers.
I hope this information has been helpful. Feel free to email RightStart at info@alabacus.com or call their help desk at (888)272-3291.
Have a wonderful day! Rachel