Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How long do you spend per day using RS?

In Levels B through E I would not go over 30 minutes.

If you want to do 20 min of math a day with your child then set the timer. It's o.k. if you don't always get the lesson completed. Just start back where you finished the next day. I've done that with my children and while it might take them longer to get through a level...it made it saner for us as a family.

Just to encourage you....my 5th grade just finished Level E this week. We took 1 1/2 years to complete it. My older son finished Level E at the end of his 6th grade year. He is now half way through The Geometric Approach and will be starting Algebra by 9th grade. [still an acceptable time to start Algebra]

And best of all....mom is NOT burned out. :-)

Level A is a gentler approach with only 77 lessons. It's recommended to take two days to do one lesson. The lessons will take 10-15 min. a day.

blessings,
Debbie

Re: How long do you spend per day using RS?

I have 3 sons that are currently in the program. Depending on the lesson I spend anywhere between 15 to 30 minutes. Of course, games and worksheets can make the lesson take a little longer. I probably average 20 minutes per child. However, my older son who is in the Geometric Approach works independently. I only look over his work and help on occasion if he needs it.

I do have a child with dyslexia and sometimes he takes longer to do a lesson. That being said, if we spend too much time, I stop and finish the lesson the next day. Give yourself permission to do that! It is ok if you don't finish the book by the end of the school year.

I hope that has helped out! If you would like more info, the RS help desk has an email address: info@alabacus.com and a phone number (888)272-3291.

Have a wonderful day!
Rachel