Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Level E - planning ahead

Carissa
Level E should take about one year.

Level C does normally take longer than a school year.
The G/A is made to take 2 school years, think middle school math.

But Level D and E are rather on track and easy to teach.

I love Level D for the ease in learning and LOVE Level E for the way RS teaches fractions, it is so informative. We all learned a lot!

Carissa

I do not see in the catalog information that Intermediate math is planned to be a two year program. Can you tell me why this isn't widely stated in company literature? It really makes it so frustrating to be in Level C or think about Int Level and not know that these are planned expectations for longer time length. We are using a charter school and they want me to get Int level done in 1st semester next fall to accelerate my daughter. I am now think that this is an impossible expectation. But how do I tell the school that this is really a two year curriculum if it isn't published as such? Help!

Re: Level E - planning ahead

The Geometric Approach can be done in one year as it has 165 lessons.

However, RS recommends starting VideoText Module A half way through the Geometric Approach and that would slow down the lessons so that is why it would take two years.

Level C is also intended for one year....however, it also has some of the "harder" concepts so some children need to camp out on the lessons and play more games for a while, thus making it take longer. And that's ok because it's important the child understands.

Basically all the levels are intended to take one school year to complete. But some find that Level C might take longer as will Geometric Approach if you combine it with Video Text Module A.

I'd like to encourage you to call the office and talk to someone about the feasibility of being able to get through the Geometric Approach in one semester.

Debbie