Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Percentage Problems. Level E, Lesson 27 (worksheet 24-1)

I'm struggling to help my daughter with Worksheet 24-1. It seems that this worksheet makes a jump in Percentages that my daughter is unprepared for. We have been following in the lessons and she seemed, until now, to be having no problems understanding percentages but, i think, that was because all of the problems seem to deal with finding an amount out of 100 (40 squares out of 100 squares is 40% / 17 squares out of 100 is 17%) okay...she's good with that.

But in Worksheet 24-1 question 2, she's asked to find the sale price of a $22 book at 10% off , so she knows that she needs to find out what 10% of $22 is, but she doesn't know how. (I hope I'm explaining this correctly...) She knows 10% of 100 is 10, but doesn't know how to get say 10% of another amount. In Question 3, she needs to find 20% of $6...

Following along with what she's learned so far in RS, how should I be explaining this to her. Along what line is she supposed to be thinking? Sorry if confusing...

Thanks for your help.

Re: Percentage Problems. Level E, Lesson 27 (worksheet 24-1)

We worked on this a bit and seemed to be able to work it out fairly well, so please disregard the above.

Thanks! :-)
Brett