Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
getting started

I will be homeschooling for the first time this year. Am considering RS Math--but there is so much to choose from! Convince me, why RS over the others? (saxon, singapore, math u see, etc.) It looks like, after taking your level test, I have one child Level A and another Level C--how would that look in ordering curriculum--aren't some of the manipulatives repeats in both sets? Also, after having done Scott Foreman math in school, how will it look for my third grader to acclimate to an entirely new system? I'm curious and a little concerned.

Re: getting started

Danyale,

Thank you for your message. As far a comparison between the other programs, I speak only for RightStart by saying that we are proud to be a very hands-on program which uses minimal worksheets and games to benefit understanding.

Yes you are correct some of the manipulatives are repeats for both levels. If you are using both Levels A and C I would suggest making the following purchase: (this will be the most cost effective and least duplicate option) Level C Starter Kit ($180, savings of $62)), Level A Lessons ($45), Level A Worksheets ($5), Tally Sticks ($2), Yellow is the Sun CD ($2.50), Geometry Reflector ($5), Geoboards ($10), and an additional AL Abacus ($15, savings of $5) bringing your total cost to be $264.50 which qualifies you for free shipping!

When you begin with RightStart Levels C, D, or E your child completes the Transition Lessons (which is sold with the Level C Starter Kit). This way your child is transitioned from another program into RightStart.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Make it a great day,

Cassie
Activities for Learning-RightStart™ Mathematics
Cassie@ALabacus.com
www.ALabacus.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics.