Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: P31 Product Card Speed

Lori,

Thank you for your message. You would use the multiplication cards to play this game, here is an explanation as far as an example for how to play,

If the top cards on the building pile are 36 and 10, possible cards to play are 4, 6, or 9 on the 36, and 2 and 5 on the 10.

I hope this offers you clarification, please let me know if you have additional questions.

Make it a great day,

Cassie
Activities for Learning-RightStart™ Mathematics
Cassie@ALabacus.com
www.ALabacus.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics.

Hi Cassie,

We're still having difficulty understanding the Product Card Speed game. If we are to be using the blue Product / Multiplication Cards, we are holding in our hand several numbers above 10, but the directions state that we are to play only factors under 10. What if I am holding 4 cards in my hand that are all above the number 10? For instance, recently when we were trying to play the game, I was dealt 50, 36, 40, and 20. None of these cards are playable. What is done with these cards? Are they just discarded?

Also- The directions state that four cards should be dealt to two reserve piles. That's two cards per pile not four cards each to each pile, right? The picture in the Card Games Book on p. 75 show reserve piles that have at least 7 cards in each of them.

Another question - Because the rules state than when neither person can play, each player turns over the next card from their reserve piles, I assume that a player can play on his own or his competition's pile, right? -OR- Does a person play only to his own pile?

I'm sure I'm understanding something incorrectly and appreciate your help.

Lori,

Thank you for your message. I did play the game with a co-worker and we realized that the problem you reported may very well occur when playing this game. I am going to research this to ensure we can offer clarity if this situation would occur.

Thank you again for contacting us. I will keep you posted on the progress of this revision.

Make it a great day,

Cassie
Activities for Learning-RightStart™ Mathematics
Cassie@ALabacus.com
www.ALabacus.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics.