Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Which kits to buy for 2 different grades?

Pamela,

Thank you for your message. Each situation is different as far as what we would suggest for you to purchase when teaching two children at two different levels. Most of the time I will suggest buying the higher level and then supplementing with the manipulatives and books for the lower levels. However this is not the case every time, just the majority of the time!

Now with your children are you looking to do Level B with your first grader and Level D for your third grader?If this is different, please let me know as the information I am providing is for Level D & B together.

As I am sure you are aware, our kits are a discounted price giving you an amount of products free as a "package deal". When I worked out the numbers on what would be the best economical decision for your family this is what I found....

If you purchase Level D Starter Kit for $175 (savings of $50) and add on all of the Level B items you need, your total amount for Level B items would be $150. Which coincidentally is the price of the Level B Starter Kit , so you essentially are getting "more bang for your buck" by purchasing Level B and Level D Starter Kits. You total price of purchasing the Level B & D Starter Kits is $325. I did it the reverse way, where you buy the Level B Starter Kit $150 (savings of $50) and the total of the items needed for Level D and the amount of the items was $188, so you are actually paying more that route than you would for purchasing Level B and D Starter Kits.

Many times it works out to purchase a starter kit and add on items needed for another level, this time it just makes more financial sense to purchase both Levels B and D.

I hope this makes sense and answers your question in full! Please let me know if you have any other questions, I would be happy to help you with them.

Make it a great day,

Cassie
Activities for Learning-RightStart™ Mathematics
Cassie@ALabacus.com
www.ALabacus.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics.

Re: Which kits to buy for 2 different grades?

Thanks so much for the response. I was and am prepared to purchase both kits as I know they are a good investment, but didn't know if I was missing something a more seasoned homeschooler might know ;)

I can't wait to get started!

Thanks,
Pam