Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How many weeks in a year?

I'm helping my son with Wksht 99 (level D). For problem #3 the question reads, "A person watches TV for 23 hours a week. How many hours is that in a year?" How is he to solve this problem?

He remembers that there are 365 days in a year, but is he supposed to know how many weeks there are in a year? He hasn't really learned how to divided 365 days by 7 (days in a week) to figure this out, as far as I can remember, anyway.

I then understand he could add 520 (52 X 10) + 520 (52 X 10). And then add 156 (52 x3) to this to reach 1196.

Basically, I just want to know if he is supposed to remember if there are 52 weeks in a year. If not, what would be the strategy to figure this out, not knowing division.

Re: How many weeks in a year?

Lori,

Thank you for your message. I believe the lessons that work with knowing that there are 52 weeks in a year begin with Level D, Lessons 1-4. You can review them at any time to help with lessons such as this one.

I hope this helps, if you have further questions, please let me know.

Make it a great day,

Cassie
Activities for Learning-RightStart™ Mathematics
Cassie@ALabacus.com
www.ALabacus.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics.