Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fraction charts/puzzle/magnet etc

Hi!

I'm starting my third duo of kids in level C shortly. I see that the fraction charts are required for this level. We have the wooden fraction puzzle and the set of 2 laminated fraction charts.

I'm wondering...does anyone have an opinion on the new plastic ones (how durable/thick etc) and the magnetic fraction chart? Likes and dislikes?

The magnetic one seems nice since the pieces would hopefully stay put. But don't you usually need 2 charts and not just one?

Can anyone compare all 4 types for me?

Thank-you!

Fraction Chart Choices

Marti,

We feel the new plastic fraction charts are better than the laminated simply because of the durability issues. The new plastics also provide one chart pre-cut. Of course, the laminated charts will do the job nicely with less expense.

I know many people that LOVE the fraction puzzle board and that's all they want!

The fraction magnet is more of a supplement, but, as you said, they will stay in place a bit better. I personally find them a bit hard to get off the magnetic surface, but maybe that's a personal problem!

It really comes down to your choice. It's more important that you have a chart than what the chart is made up of.

Have a great day and play a math card game!

Kathleen