Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Game P31: Product Card Speed

Lisa,

My apologies for the delay in responding. We have two people out on maternity leave, spring flooding here in ND, and are attending homeschool conventions across the country. It's been busy here!

Let's use the example in the Math Card Games book with option to build on 36 or 10. The factors (under 10) for 36 are 4, 6, or 9. So, using the factor of 4, do I have any cards in my hand that are a multiple of 4? Yes! I play the 40 on the 36. Or, since I have an 18 and 72 in my hand, I'm going to use the factor of 9 and play the 72, then the 18! 18 can now be factored to 2, 3, 6, and 9.

Does this help you? Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Have a great day and play a math card game!

Kathleen

Re: Game P31: Product Card Speed

Yes, that helps A LOT! When I first read it, I read it as for 36 you could ONLY play a 4, 6, or 9 not multiples of the mentioned factors. Now it makes a whole lot more sense. THANKS!
Lisa

Re: Game P31: Product Card Speed

Alright - I'll confess I did the same.... I'll look into making a change in the card game book so it is more clear.

Kathleen