Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
level d tests

After what lessons am I suppose to give the tests?

Re: level d tests

Joie,

Thank you for your message. This is a common question by many parents! Have no fear, I am here to offer you a solution!

The only test that we actually label as "test" is after Lesson 142, which would be considered a final test. Now we have many parents who are looking for tests throughout Level D, which is why we planned out the Review & Practice lessons. Each Review & Practice lesson has a A and B worksheet. They can be used as a variety of ways.

We suggest, for example, on Lesson 12, there is a note on that page that offers the sheets being used as a pretest and posttest. Another option we have heard from parents, would be to use review sheet A as a practice, and then review sheet B as a test.

I hope this answers your questions, please let me know if there is anything else we can help with. Happy teaching! :)

Make it a great day!

Cassie
Activities for Learning-RightStart Mathematics
Cassie@ALabacus.com
www.alabacus.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics.

Thanks for the reply Cassie. I was actually referring to the Test Review 1st Quarter and the 1st Quarter Test.

The Table of Contents only make mention of the final test but not either one of the tests I mentioned above.

Joie,

Thank you for your message. I apologize for misunderstanding your question. I did take another look at both of your questions.

On Level C, there is a listing in the Table of Contents, with listings for 9 week and Midyear tests.

For Level D, the first 9 week test should be given at Lesson 36, this is listed in Table of Contents. The midyear test should be given on Lesson 72, and the next 9 week test would be given as Lesson 108.

Hopefully I have clarified how to break up the lessons to include quarter and midyear testing. Let me know if there are any other questions!

Make it a great day!

Cassie
Activities for Learning-RightStart Mathematics
Cassie@ALabacus.com
www.alabacus.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics.

Maybe I missed something. Or missed printing a couple tests off our worksheet CD.

Are there mid-year and 3rd quarter tests in level D? I only have the 1st quarter test review and test (And now I will make a note at lesson 36 to do those!) and the final test.

My son just made it to the halfway mark, so we'll backtrack a little to get the 1st quarter test done. Should I be looking for a midway and 3rd quarter tests too?

Thanks!
Marti

Hi, Marti!

Unfortunately, Cassie gave the wrong information. For Level D, there is only a First Quarter Test and a Year-end Test. For parents who wish to test their kids more frequently, I always suggest that because there are two Review and Practice sheets provided every 5 or 6 days, you can use Worksheet A for the weekly quiz and save the Worksheet B for the Mid-year and 3rd-quarter Tests.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to repost here or email us directly at info@rightstartmath.com.

Have a great school year!
Rachel

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up!

I think with previous kids I've just had them do the 1st quarter test, and then I saved the 1st quarter review for them to do before the year-end test. Since there are those review sheets every few lessons I'm not concerned about there not being midway and 3rd quarter tests. They've always done fine!

I am thrilled your kids are doing great! I, personally, didn't put too much 'emphasis' on the tests. I felt like they were good practice, but I never doubted what they knew! I was ALWAYS very pleased with my kids' math education! :-)

Have a wonderful school year!
Rachel