Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: question about transitional level for two children

Just to update you on our progress. I was sitting in bed with all of the manuals and manipulatives and transitions book trying to make sense of it all before I started. My 11 year old going into book E (he knows everything but decimals but I still started him there) got up and saw me looking at the math.

He sat next to me and we went through the entire transitions level with me as I was trying to figure it out for my level C child. He absolutely loved it and got real easily how to do multiplication and division on the abacus.

So, he's now in e and loving the magic squares and negative numbers. My level C child is doing well with the abacus. It is finally making sense to him. Plus, my biggest fear of this being too teacher intensive is not true. It is fun to sit down with them and they are looking forward to math for the first time. Thank you!

Re: question about transitional level for two children

Cate,

It was so great to get your message! What an inspiration you are to all!

I am also happy to hear that your Level E child worked with you to find out what worked best for your Level C. Awesome teamwork!

Thank you so much for sharing, we love to hear inspirational stories like yours! :) Keep your head held high.

Make it a great day!

Cassie